Why now is a good time to buy an electric vehicle
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to invest in an electric car, we are here to outline some of the benefits of owning an EV.
Electric cars have come a long way in the last few years. They’re now more affordable, practical, and efficient than ever before. Here are seven reasons why now is the time to buy an electric car:
- Electric cars are cheaper to operate than gas cars. When you factor in the skyrocketing cost of fuel and maintenance, electric cars are often cheaper to own and operate than gas cars.
- Electric cars are better for the environment. Electric cars produce zero emissions, which is much better for the environment than gas cars that emit pollutants.
- Electric cars are more efficient. Electric cars convert more of the energy they use into motion, meaning they’re more efficient than gas cars.
- Electric cars have quicker acceleration. Since electric motors produce maximum torque at all RPMs, electric cars have quicker acceleration than gas cars.
- Electric cars are quieter. Electric motors are much quieter than gas engines, so electric cars are much quieter to drive reducing noise pollution and helping to prevent hearing damage.
- Electric cars require less maintenance. Since there’s no engine oil to change, spark plugs to replace, or fluids to top off, electric cars require less maintenance than gas cars. Fewer moving parts means fewer things to break.
- Electric car charging infrastructure is improving. Access to charging locations is increasing daily and drivers have many options when planning their driving.
- Driving Electric Reduces overall Carbon Footprint. As green energy sources continue to provide an increasing amount of power to the grid, EVs are increasingly powered by sustainably-generated power.
So if you have been looking for the right time to consider an EV, it may very well be that time!